February 12-15, 2020 | Corvallis, Oregon
Register today for the 10th Organic Seed Growers Conference – February 12-15, 2020 – in Corvallis, Oregon. The conference is the largest event focused solely on organic seed in North America, bringing together hundreds of farmers, plant breeders, researchers, certifiers, food companies, seed companies, and others from across the U.S. and around the world. The biennial conference has been convening the organic seed community for nearly two decades and includes a packed agenda of presentations, panel discussions, networking events, and celebration. Farm tours and short courses are held prior to the full two-day conference.
Registration is open to join us for the 10th Organic Seed Growers Conference! This may be the best agenda in the history of our conferences. It was developed based on proposal input, and crafted with care and thoughtfulness by an incredibly dedicated team of over 25 organic seed community leaders. Register by January 1 for early bird rates!
Some highlights include:
- The Main Conference – Friday and Saturday includes two dozen in-depth sessions with over 70 speakers, a keynote address from Ricardo Salvador of Union of Concerned Scientists, networking opportunities, celebrations, and an epic seed swap.
- Seed Ethics Participatory Intensive – A daylong pre-conference intensive that will inspire, challenge, and practice allyship among all present. This is being offered free of charge.
- Willamette Valley Seed Tour – A pre-conference tour through the Willamette Valley featuring seed production and cleaning on a number of different scales.
- Organic Plant Breeding Intensive – This crash course in organic plant breeding will provide the basic skills to initiate or advance your organic breeding projects.
- Organic Variety Trial and Culinary Evaluation Intensive – Learn the basics of designing and implementing a variety trial, and setting up a related culinary evaluation.
Thanks to the generosity of sponsors, Organic Seed Growers are able to offer a limited number of scholarships to farmers, students, and interns. Scholarships are available to offset registration for the main conference (Friday and Saturday), and don’t include Thursday intensives, travel, or lodging. The deadline to apply is December 27, 2019.
Dec 11 | Events
Guelph Organic Conference – Guelph, ON
Join for a night of networking, socializing and celebrating organic in the midst of the exciting Guelph Organic Conference. The conference features wo
Dec 5 | Events
Organic Alberta Annual General Meeting – Camrose, AB
Our annual general meeting will be held in conjunction with the 2020 conference Regenerative Tools to Help Your Farm on February 1st in Camrose. All
Nov 28 | Events
Young Agrarians Central Alberta Winter Mixer – Fallis, AB
Save the date for our 3rd Annual Central Alberta Winter Mixer! Join us for two days of workshops, skill sharing and community building with new an