February 12-15, 2020 | Corvallis, Oregon
Register today for the 10th Organic Seed Growers Conference – February 12-15, 2020 – in Corvallis, Oregon. The conference is the largest event focused solely on organic seed in North America, bringing together hundreds of farmers, plant breeders, researchers, certifiers, food companies, seed companies, and others from across the U.S. and around the world. The biennial conference has been convening the organic seed community for nearly two decades and includes a packed agenda of presentations, panel discussions, networking events, and celebration. Farm tours and short courses are held prior to the full two-day conference.
Registration is open to join us for the 10th Organic Seed Growers Conference! This may be the best agenda in the history of our conferences. It was developed based on proposal input, and crafted with care and thoughtfulness by an incredibly dedicated team of over 25 organic seed community leaders. Register by January 1 for early bird rates!
Some highlights include:
- The Main Conference – Friday and Saturday includes two dozen in-depth sessions with over 70 speakers, a keynote address from Ricardo Salvador of Union of Concerned Scientists, networking opportunities, celebrations, and an epic seed swap.
- Seed Ethics Participatory Intensive – A daylong pre-conference intensive that will inspire, challenge, and practice allyship among all present. This is being offered free of charge.
- Willamette Valley Seed Tour – A pre-conference tour through the Willamette Valley featuring seed production and cleaning on a number of different scales.
- Organic Plant Breeding Intensive – This crash course in organic plant breeding will provide the basic skills to initiate or advance your organic breeding projects.
- Organic Variety Trial and Culinary Evaluation Intensive – Learn the basics of designing and implementing a variety trial, and setting up a related culinary evaluation.
Thanks to the generosity of sponsors, Organic Seed Growers are able to offer a limited number of scholarships to farmers, students, and interns. Scholarships are available to offset registration for the main conference (Friday and Saturday), and don’t include Thursday intensives, travel, or lodging. The deadline to apply is December 27, 2019.
Feb 20 | Events
Tackling the Farm Crisis and the Climate Crisis – Multiple Dates and Locations in Alberta!
Join us for dinner and discussion with Katie Ward, President of the National Farmer’s Union. Katie will be presenting the findings of the NFU’s la
Feb 13 | Events
From the Farm to Your Fork Film Series: From Seed to Seed – Edmonton, AB
On Friday March 6 from 6:30-9 pm the Food Justice Team at Trinity and Food4Good, will be hosting the first documentary in our film series from From
Feb 6 | Events
Seedy Saturday Events
Seedy Saturdays are fun, inexpensive events where you can swap and exchange seeds, get exciting varieties that other seed savers are sharing (