After much anticipation, COTA has now received government approval for their 2018-2021 Export Program activities. The shows with upcoming funding opportunities are detailed below. Please note that space is limited so please liaise with COTA as soon as possible if you are considering attending trade shows in Europe, US, Japan, or Hong Kong (details below).
In this Export Bulletin, you will find useful resources to export as well as information on upcoming trade show funding to develop and expand business opportunities in your key markets.
COTA’s Export Program is a valuable member benefit for companies exporting or looking to export their organic products. Through this program, COTA promotes the Canada organic brand and Canadian organic companies to major trading partners around the world. Since 2013, the federally-funded Agri-Marketing Program has supported more than 100 COTA members, resulting in over $30 million of new export sales for organic industry participants.
COTA’s funding support for 2018-2021 will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis to eligible export-ready member companies, prioritizing those companies who have not yet made use of this funding program. If you are interested in any of these events, we encourage you to register as soon as possible. There are a limited number of funded spaces designated to each Export Program activity, all subject to final government approval.
Registration is now open for several upcoming events:
- Guelph Organic Conference, Guelph | January 23-26, 2020
- Biofach Germany, Nuremberg | February 12-15, 2020
- CHFA West, Vancouver | February 20-23, 2020
- Natural Products Expo West, Anaheim | March 3-7, 2020
- Organic and Natural Products Expo Japan, Koto | March 17-19, 2020
- SaskOrganics AGM, Saskatoon | March 17-19, 2020
- SIAL Canada, Montreal | April 15-17, 2020
- Natural & Organic Products Europe, London | April 19-20, 2020
- Expo East, Philadelphia, September 23-26, 2020
To register for any of these Export Program events, please contact Lisa Kikuchi.
Types of Funding Support:
- Exhibitor program: COTA can offer funding to support co-exhibitors and independent exhibitors (those who have booked their own booth) at the show. Funding will contribute towards the travel and per diems of one company representative as well as up to 50% of the booth cost. There are a designated number of exhibitor funding spaces available for each show.
- Travel and per diem funding: The standard funding offer for individuals qualifying for this program is 50% of flight cost reimbursement (economy fare flights only), and per diems of $425 per day of the show. Typically, these are made available to one representative per company only, with some exceptions.
Priority will be given to companies considered new exhibitors and walkers that do not have other sources of funding to attend. Financial support will be available subject to funding confirmation and approval by COTA.
May 26 | News
AgriStability Deadline Extended to July 3
The AgriStability enrollment deadline for the 2020 program year has been extended, without penalty, from April 30 to July 3, 2020. The ext
May 26 | News
Olds College to Use Autonomous Equipment in the Field
Originally published on the Olds College Website
Olds College is excited to announce that it is the only post-seconda
May 26 | News
Canadian Standards Interpretation Committee Consultation
Comments are being sought on the topics below for the period between May 1 - May 30, 2020:
If an owner owns two operations, where one is organi