We’ve all heard about blogs – but how can they help us tell ag’s story?
Join us for our March 25 webinar that will explain why blogging is so important for agvocates and provide practical ways to help you write the most effective, persuasive blogs possible. Owen Roberts, agricultural communications professor and Research Communications Director at the University of Guelph, will provide you with simple, concrete strategies to become a better blogger. He’ll help you take a blog post from what is often a subjective, opinion-based post and turn it into a tool to educate, influence and inspire.
Whether you’re an established blogger or just thinking about starting the next great agvocate blog, you’ll receive great insight into the world of blogging and how it can help ensure ag’s story is better understood.
Wednesday, March 25
1:30 to 2:30 p.m. EST
By participating in this webinar, you’ll learn:
- how powerful and influential blogging can be in telling a positive story of agriculture
- the most effective ways to structure your blog
- ways to create a blog using a current agricultural news topic or issue to draw in your audience
Click here if you wish to sign up for this webinar.
As a journalist and ag communications professor, Owen spends a lot of his time discussing and writing about urban perspectives on agri-food issues. Holding a Doctor of Education in agricultural education and communications from Texas A&M and Texas Tech University, he has a wealth of experience in how to start meaningful, positive conversations about agriculture.
Owen is the vice-president of the 3,000-member International Federation of Agricultural Journalists, which represents journalists in 33 countries, and is also an honourary life member of the Ontario Institute of Agrologists.
* If you can’t join in live, a recorded version will be posted to our website in the weeks following the live broadcast.
** Our previous webinars are also available for viewing:
- Getting youth excited about ag with Portia MacDonald-Dewhirst, Canadian Agricultural Human Resource Council
- Speaking up for ag with Kelly Daynard, Farm & Food Care
- Working with the media to tell ag’s story with Lyndsey Smith, RealAg
- Agriculture advocacy – Get in on the tough conversations with Andrew Campbell, Fresh Air Media
- Social media 101 for agvocates with Megan Madden, southpaw PR
- The Art and Science of the Ag and Food Conversation with Dr. Cami Ryan
Organic Federation of Canada (OFC) Annual General Meeting
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 from 1:00 to 3:00 EST by teleconference. Everyone is welcome to participate! The OFC will present updates about the review and interpretation of the Canadian Organic Standards, and the Organic Science Cluster II.
March 10, 2015 - Airdrie, Airdrie Agriculture Centre. Link to Flyer and Registration Information