Organic Alberta represents and supports the entire organic industry. This means that we serve all certified organic and transitioning entities (producers and processors), all businesses within the organic value chains, and businesses that serve the organic sector such as but not limited to distribution, transportation, brokers & buyers, marketers, certifiers, inputs, seed, feed and retailers.
Organic Alberta is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented person who is interested in a part-time position which will support organic and transitional farmers in the Mackenzie County region.
The position will be located out of the Mackenzie Applied Research Association office.
- In partnership with Organic Alberta’s event coordinator, coordinating workshops and farm clubs.
- Providing extension material and resources to organic and transitional farmers in the region.
- Development and adapting of resources for the organic sector in the region.
- Attending community events to promote organics.
- Be a link between the Organic Alberta central office and the Mackenzie County region, and representing Organic Alberta in the region.
- Other activities as needed to support Organic Alberta staff and programs.
Funding for this position is provided by the Career Focus Program, a program designed to facilitate employment for post-secondary graduates under the age of 30 who are un or under employed. Please include your birthdate and a copy of your certificate or diploma with your application. You must also be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience with grain production, and experience in organic grain production a strong asset.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as general computer skills.
- Dependable, self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- An interest in organic food and agriculture is a must.
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends
Job Posting Details:
The position can be part-time or full time, we are flexible and willing to work with the applicant’s schedule and needs. Rate of pay is $ 20-22/hour, but can be negotiated to a higher rate depending on experience. Please email your resume, cover letter and certificate or diploma by October 20th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Oct 26 | News
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada is Hiring a Research Technician – Swift Current, SK
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Science and Technology Branch is hiring a Research Technician!
For further information on the organization, plea
Oct 13 | News
We’re Hiring an Organic Program Coordinator for Mackenzie County
Organic Alberta represents and supports the entire organic industry. This means that we serve all certified organic and transitioning entities (produc
Oct 3 | News
OFRF Now Accepting Research Proposals
OFRF is pleased to release their Request for Proposals (RFP) for 2018 research grants. Applicants residing in Canada, Mexico, and the United States ar