Join us for a Plant Breeding Field Tour at the
University of Alberta Research Farm!
Hear from breeders, farmers, and industry about what it takes to breed cereals for organic and low-input production. Learn about the selection process, organic cereal agronomy, and the traits farmers and buyers are looking for. The day will feature new research, varieties, and an overview of the University of Manitoba Participatory Plant Breeding program.
We will also tour plots of new organically-bred wheat and oat varieties, heritage cereals, and farmer-bred wheat and oat lines from the Participatory Plant Breeding Program.
Date: August 8, 2018
Time: 9:15 am – 3:30 pm (Registration opens at 8:45 am)
Location: U of A Research Farm, South Campus, Edmonton AB (Click here to view map)
Registration: Contact Tierra at email@example.com, call 587-521-2400, or click here to register online!
- Dr. Martin Entz, Professor of Cropping Systems and Natural Systems Agriculture, University of Manitoba
- Dr. Dean Spaner, Professor of Agricultural Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta
- Dr. Jennifer Mitchell Fetch, Research Scientist, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Farmers from the University of Manitoba Participatory Plant Breeding Program
- Grain Buyers, Millers, and Bakers including Grain Millers, BonTon Bakery, and Boulangerie Bonjour
More: Click here to view the promotional poster!
A Partnership of
Jun 15 | Events
Climate Solutions Workshop – Leduc, AB
Join Sustainability Resources with feature speakers Warren Greeves and Larron Northwest. Explore the many factors affecting climate change and learn a
Jun 11 | Events
Organic and Low-Input Agricultural Systems Field Day and Tradeshow – Swift Current, SK
Date: August 1, 2018
Location: Walker Place, 2150 Walker St., Swift Current, SK
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Field trial tour includes: Intercropp
Jun 6 | Events
Farming Organically: What Does it Take? – Regina, SK
Interested in Transitioning to Organic Agriculture? Find out more at this great 1/2 day workshop.
Date: Thursday, June 21, 2018
Time: 8:00 A