About Organic Alberta:
Organic Alberta represents and supports the entire organic industry. This means that we serve all certified organic and transitioning entities (producers and processors), all businesses within the organic value chains, and businesses that serve the organic sector such as but not limited to distribution, transportation, brokers & buyers, marketers, certifiers, inputs, seed, feed and retailers.
Organic Alberta is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented person who is able to work in a fast paced environment. The candidate will have a background in event coordination and administration, and be able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Event planning and coordination for the Organic Alberta’s Central AGM and Conference, all Mackenzie County region workshops and events, and other general event coordination as needed. This includes:
- Providing support to and taking guidance from the conference organizing committee
- Being the lead for all coordination logistics including but not limited to: overall project management, bookings, catering, registrations, promotion, on site logistics etc.
- providing general event coordination support for other events as needed
- General Admin support such as answering phones, creating meeting agenda, taking notes, managing our inventory of books, coordinating mail outs, and providing general administrative support to the Organic Alberta team.
- Other activities as needed to support Organic Alberta staff and programs.
Funding for this position is provided by Agriculture Youth Green Jobs Internship, a program designed to facilitate employment for post-secondary graduates under the age of 30 who are un or under employed. Please include your birthdate and a copy of your certificate or diploma with your application.
- At least 2 years’ experience in event coordination
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel as well as general computer skills. Experience with Insightly and/or Mail Chimp would be an asset.
- Dependable, self-starter who is comfortable working independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- An interest in organic food and agriculture is a must.
- Project management training and experience
- Grain/ Field crop production experience/background
- Knowledge and experience in the environmental, food or organic sector
- Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends
Job Posting Details:
Does this sound like your dream job? Are you ready to join an amazing team? Then we can’t wait to meet you! The position is full-time, 7.5 hours/day, $18-22/hour, depending on experience. The posting is open until position is filled. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
Oct 26 | News
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada is Hiring a Research Technician – Swift Current, SK
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Science and Technology Branch is hiring a Research Technician!
For further information on the organization, plea
Oct 13 | News
We’re Hiring an Organic Program Coordinator for Mackenzie County
Organic Alberta represents and supports the entire organic industry. This means that we serve all certified organic and transitioning entities (produc
Oct 3 | News
OFRF Now Accepting Research Proposals
OFRF is pleased to release their Request for Proposals (RFP) for 2018 research grants. Applicants residing in Canada, Mexico, and the United States ar